Gotta Have It

The great golfer Dwight D. Eisenhower once said: “I can think of nothing more boring for the American people than to have to sit in their living rooms for a whole half hour looking at my face on their television screens.” Well it looks like good ol’ Dwight was a forward thinking man. Thanks to the ever-evolving world of satellite television, digital cable, and picture phones, it’s a pretty good assumption that you can go through a whole day watching the boob tube and not see the same balding head twice. Unless of course you’re watching a George Costanza marathon — but if that’s the case, then you’re on your own. Below are three good ways to stay on top of what’s going on wherever you are. From Siberia to Hawaii to Goldwin Smith Auditorium D, these handy portable electronics can be your guide to the outside world.

Take your TV Almost Anywhere

Little television, big picture. Think a six-inch screen can’t deliver a clean, crisp picture? Think again. Consider it your old-fashioned portable TV on multiple varieties of steroids. The Mini-Tron LCD TV utilizes high-resolution color TFT-LCD flat screen electronics that promises incredible clarity in picture. Go ahead and pack along your DVD collection as well as make the quick adjustment to a 16:9 aspect ratio for ideal wide-screen viewing. The built-in high powered antenna does a good job of pulling in TV stations, but if you live in an inaccessible area like, say, Ithaca, New York, you might want to attach an even more powerful external antenna. You can even bring the fun on the road without draining spirits or excessive amounts of batteries –simply plug in the car power adapter and you’re golden. The provided easel-stand is ideal for mounting this little beauty on a wall, ceiling, car, the seat in front of you in a crowded lecture hall