Campus Couture

Hard to believe it’s already the season for tinsel, mistletoe, and Christmas trees. You can’t even leave a store without humming a Christmas tune that was playing in the background. What’s worse, the season started the day after Halloween. Since you can’t escape it, you might as well start preparing for the holidays. And what better way to begin than by making your wish list. Here are few accessory styles for both the guys and girls that will make great stocking stuffers. And if the price tags look high, just remember: whoever said ’tis better to give than recieve was dead wrong.

Reptile Wrist Watch

Crocodile, alligator, or snake are this season’s prints on handbags, wallets, and watches. Be bright with colors like turquoise or pink. If you’re really lucky this holiday season, someone will find you this urban diamond watch version straight from Switzerland. Just don’t expect much else in the stocking.

Dangling Chandeliers

The chandelier earring has been around for a few seasons, so if you haven’t gotten a pair yet, this is your chance to catch up with the trend. The Sorrelli, with blue stones, striking silver fringe and genuine Austrian crystals have the vintage look that will get you lots of attention at holiday parties.

Pretty Pearls

Take the old classic strand of pearls, give it a modern twist, and you’ve got an elegant new look for the holidays. These aren’t your grandma’s pearls (but you can certainly ask grandma to buy them for you). Multiple strands and extra details can grace the office as well as a party.

Steel Timer

Classic, clean cut, and stylish. You can’t go wrong with a steel silver Fossil watch on your wish list. Ask for your favorite color for the face, especially if your favorite color is blue. In case you wanted to go swimming, this version is even water resistant up to 330 feet.

Leather Choker

The silver pendant on this men’s necklace is a nice change from the usual beaded choker. Not to mention, silver and a dark leather band works for so many occasions. Abercrombie never fails to have many safe and simple options for the guys.

Canvas Belt

It’s true guys don’t have as many options when it comes to accessories. So if you feel the need to accessorize, you can always use another belt. Go for canvas instead of the usual brown or black leather. You don’t need anything fancy to make a good impression.

Archived article by Laura Borden