Editors' Note

Well, now that our internment period as compets is over, we can assure you that it was a torturous ordeal. Naive and innocent, we had to endure Erica Stein’s six week long tirade and Andrew Gilman’s receding hairline. Finally, it’s time for us to helm the editors’ note. We will be the first to admit we hardly have the qualifications that would be desired in any editing duo. Alex came in to the position thinking the English language had seven vowels, and that one of them was a tilda. Zach wasn’t even chosen for his position. He was found passed out beside a filing cabinet, and it was assumed that he would be a competent editor.

Although our origins at daze were clouded by depression, physical scars, and five terrible issues as editors-in-training, we’ve decided to shake things up and make terrible issues our top prerogative. As evidence of our lack of creativity, we have shamelessly pirated the concept of this editors’ note from our predecessors.

In a show of our devotion to the positing, we have given up sleep, abstained from making public appearances, and resolved in our souls that “fun” and “social interaction” are self-deluding distractions.

We hope you enjoy the issue. But if you don’t, it’s because we’re apathetic teenagers who don’t get paid and are frankly disenfranchised with all of the mainstream.

Archived article by Zach Jones