Campus Couture

Ithaca may be known for many things (gorges, six-month winters) but fashion is not one of them. Some might even say that this place is sorely lacking in the style department. If the Pyramid Mall just doesn’t do it for you, don’t resign yourself to spend the rest of your undergraduate years in shopping hell. Satisfy your inner fashionista with some of the best online stores that the web has to offer.

BagBorrowOrSteal.com
So you crave the season’s “it” bag but can’t afford to support your habit. Check out Bag, Borrow or Steal, a brilliant site with a wide selection of bags from which you can borrow. Choose from three membership options — Trendsetter, Princess and Diva — ranging from $20 to $100 per month. When you get tired of your bag, send it back and borrow a new one. If you can’t bear to part with a bag, you can buy it.

Bluefly.com
This is one of my all-time favorite online boutiques. Bluefly offers wares from hundreds of designers — all deeply discounted. From Prada to Diesel to Ralph Lauren, all of the names you love are here. I adore this cute BCBG dress — and it’s under $100! Amazing, no?

Zappos.com
If you’re looking for a pair of shoes — whether it be sneakers, stilettos or cowboy boots, Zappos.com is the place to go. The selection is amazing and there’s free shipping on every order! Although the site offers footwear in every price range, be sure to check out the drool-worthy couture section. These espadrilles from Marc Jacobs are fun to look at even if they’re out of your budget.

ShopIntuition.com
If you strive to model your personal style after your favorite celebrities, be sure to check out hot L.A. boutique Intuition’s online store. Whether you’re looking for Mary Kate Olsen’s sunglasses or Jessica Simpson’s Pucci scarf, they’ve got it. Rachel Bilson and I are particularly fond of this pretty turquoise lariat.

Sephora.com
If you’ve never experienced the true joy of shopping at Sephora, check out their colossal online store. You’ll find old favorites like Stila and Nars as well as lesser-known brands such as Eyeko and Pop Beauty. This Senorita Margarita salt scrub looks like the perfect way to detox after a hard weekend of partying.

ShopBop.com
Shoppers who are loyal to a certain brand of denim just won’t accept anything less. Luckily, ShopBop has a wide selection from all of the big names. You may be stuck in the middle of nowhere, but your coveted jeans can still be delivered to your doorstep.

Archived article by Katie Azzaro