DAZE Talks with Pirates Star Teagan Presley

So what’s the everyday life of a porn star? What have you done today?

I’m so boring. I had my oil changed, took care of my baby and had lunch.

What’s a normal work day?

When I’m shooting for Robbie, gonzo stuff, I wake up around 10 and go to the set, do hair and makeup for an hour and a half, and then I pick out lingerie. I need to get the right outfit. Me and the director collaborate on it, and I figure out what’s appropriate for the movie. Then we go over the intro to the scene.

Do you do rehearsals or dry runs?

No, not usually. During features, like Pirates, with a full script, we do run-throughs but not for something like the Teen American movies that don’t need any real dialogue.

What’s going through your head when you actually do a scene? What are you concerned about?

I’m always really nervous. I never have gotten over that. I’m actually very shy, so I have to get into the right frame of mind. The whole experience is still really weird for me.

And the working hours?

Yesterday, I shot 46 minutes worth of footage, but I was on set from 7 in the morning to 2 or 3 p.m. For most scenes, it’s early in the morning and it’s always a long process.

Pirates is simultaneously mainstream in its production values and hardcore in its sex. Who do you think the movie appeals to?

I imagine it’s for a younger audience, but a lot of older people have told me they like it as well. I think they like it for the special effects, costumes and shit like that. It’s obviously closer to the mainstream. Look at a show like The L Word on Showtime. It’s the same idea, but for television. More people are going to make these movies, and they’re going to put more money into these projects. And more girls are going to get into bigger, more mainstream projects.

What’s been the highlight of your career thus far?

Going to the AVN awards last year, and watching all my friends win their awards for Pirates and to get recognized by the industry.

What’s the worst experience you’ve had on a set?

I told my agent not to book me for any scenes with really large guys. But this director wanted me to do a scene and brought out someone who was very big, and I was simply too tiny.

On the commentary, they kept saying they apologized for the performance of this actress, and it was just embarrassing and cruel.

What else do you refuse to do?

I haven’t gone past anal. That’s my line in the sand.

Do you distinguish between your personal sex life and your career?

Of course, but some things are very different now. For example, I’m more interested in women now because of the movies I’ve been in.

What’s the reaction of your boyfriend or friends?

My boyfriend doesn’t really mind it. I’ve known him since I was 14 or 15. A lot of my friends were in the business are normal with it, and all my close friends are fine.

And your family?

My family didn’t like it at first, but they understand now: Be what you are, be careful, make a name for yourself and make money, and then I can move on to something else.

What do you think of the media becoming more sexual? Is this affecting the industry? Are the industries are merging together?

I think that they are a lot. A lot of girls I know have been on Entourage. I think they will merge very soon.

What’s your ideal date?

I don’t know