Evening Becomes Eclectic

It may be a function of the late hours, but tonight’s music mix has become more and more diverse as the evening wears on. While the afternoon is mostly an “album-only” affair (today’s pick was Nebraska, fyi), after 11 o’clock the changes in music selection comes fast and furious, changing minute to minute. Already we’ve gone from Eminem’s “Ballad” (a great song which contains what might be my two favorite lines in all of rap: “everythin’s swimming, you’re beginning to think women are swimming in pink linen” and “in a couple of minutes that bottle of Guinness is finished, you are now allowed to officially slap bitches (misogyny is not cool, kids) to Kiss’s I Want To Rock and Roll All Night (And Party Every Day), a plebeian pick perhaps but an appropriate (and rather literal) choice given the circumstances. Up next it seems that John Mellencamp ne Cougar Mellencamp is up with “Jack and Diane” and “Hurts So Good” which I confess I’m not so familiar with but have come highly recommended. If only I were this adventurous in the a.m. when it came to music, I would have already listened to all the music I have lying around. It looks like I’ll have to continue my journey into music at night though, as the daytime seems to be taken up with school work (and I’m as surprised to write that as you are to read it). So, until May 18th, it looks like all my listening will be at night. Which isn’t really a bad thing at all.