Green's Shot Barage Finally Cracks Red

Dartmouth came out firing Saturday. The attack was constant and came from everywhere. When the dust settled, the Green had seen nine different players take a shot. The Green piled up 19 total shots on its way to a 3-1 victory over the Red.
Cornell (4-11-0, 0-6-0 Ivy) did get on the scoreboard, though, registering the team’s first goal since a Sept. 21 2-1 win against Niagara, a span totalling seven games.
With the game out of reach and only a few minutes to play, senior Kara Lewis took advantage of a defensive miscommunication to find senior Mariye Wick, who buried her first goal of the year.
Still, it was Dartmouth (4-9-2, 2-3-1) that controlled the tempo of play throughout, rotating in 19 players before the final whistle blew.
The scoreboard did not reflect this for much of the first half, however. Dartmouth defender Jenny Stone hit the post in the 33rd minute, one of seven first half shots for the Green to the Red’s two, but it bounced harmlessy out of bounds.
It wasn’t until the 41st minute that Dartmouth put the first tally on the board. Peyton Tata crossed the ball in from the left corner where Ali Hubbard quickly finished it to put her team up 1-0.
Dartmough came out of the locker room and filled the back to the net again. A foul gave free-kick specialist Maggie Goldstein a chance from about 45 yards away. She curved in her fifth goal of the year — all from beyond 18 yards — into the upper right hand corner of the net.
It was Dartmouth’s senior day and after the third goal, the whole senior class was subbed out together.