Warren Road Car Crash Victim Released From Pa. Hospital

58 year-old Robert Gee of Brooktondale, N.Y. was released from the hospital on Saturday morning following a severe one-car accident at the intersection of Warren Road and Forest Home Drive in Ithaca on Friday evening.
According to Simeon Moss ’73, director of Cornell Press Relations, the Cornell Police Department responded to a 911 call at 10:48 p.m. and emergency personnel extracted a “somewhat disoriented and belligerent” Gee from his disabled vehicle 40 feet from the edge of Fall Creek. When the personnel arrived, he appeared intoxicated and there was a strong odor of alcohol emanating from the vehicle.
According to the police investigation, Gee failed to keep right on Warren Road and hit a guardrail on the left before the intersection with Forest Home Drive, causing him to pass through a stop sign. The impact from the crash launched the vehicle into the air for 100 feet, when it landed in the trees beside Fall Creek. Gee was airlifted to Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, Pa., where he was treated for his injuries. The extent of his injuries was not made public.
At this point, there are a number of charges pending. Police are investigating, and charges will most likely be made by tomorrow, Moss said. Gee has no affiliation with the University.