Ivy Lacrosse Standings Still Close as Season Progresses

Although Cornell dropped its midweek matchup to No. 1 Syracuse, the Red stayed perfect in Ivy play with a 16-11 win over Dartmouth on Saturday. Tied with the Red atop the Ivy standings are Brown and Princeton, both also undefeated in conference play.[img_assist|nid=29864|title=Scrapping|desc=Cornell is in a three-way tie atop the Ivy League men’s listings, while Penn continues to hold its own at the top of the women’s Ivy rankings, but is now also tied with Princeton.|link=node|align=left|width=|height=0]
Princeton won both of its games last week — 14-5 over Penn and 9-8 over Harvard. Tiger senior co-captain Bob Schneider scored four goals — a career-high — including the game-winner in overtime to push Princeton past Harvard.
Brown pushed its winning streak to seven games with its latest victory, 8-5 over Penn. Junior goalkeeper Jordan Burke — the nation’s leader in goals against average (5.88) and save percentage (.695) — had a busy day as the Quakers shot 57 times during the contest. Burke finished with 19 saves.
Penn, at 5-0, shares the lead in the women’s rankings, defeating Dartmouth on Saturday, technically tied with Princeton for the top spot. Princeton won its weekend matchup with Harvard decisively, 18-9.
Yale won its midweek contest against hapless Columbia, which after six tries, has still not found its way into the Ivy League win column. The Bulldogs were also victorious on Sunday, defating UMBCp in a closer contest, 12-9.
Cornell swept its weekend matches, with much-appreciated wins over Brown, 17-9, and West Coast rival Stanford, 13-9. With the wins the Red move up into a tie for third place in the Ivies with Yale.