From Us to You

Just look in the upper-left corner of The New York Times to find one of the most hackneyed expressions of journalism: “All The News That’s Fit to Print.”

This new addition to The Sun’s online-only content, however, hopes to solve the ever-present dilemma of print journalism: that all news is not fit to print. Our print edition — full of articles, columns, photographs, graphics and reviews — tells only part of each story. It offers the end product of researching, interviewing, writing and all-around intrepid reporting that our reporters complete on a day-to-day basis. The Sun staff, which includes a whopping 200 dedicated (semi-insane) members of the Cornell community, is an inspired lot whose work cannot be conveyed in its entirety in 20, to 24, to 28 to even 32 pages.

The “From The Editors” blog, which will be updated frequently by all 32 members of our Editorial Board, will address issues of journalistic integrity, our coverage of Cornell and the greater Ithaca community, our strategies of reporting and complications and successes we have encountered along the way. We will supply news that doesn’t make it in the print edition, and hope to give you, our readers, a sense of what life is like as journalists at Cornell. In doing so, we urge you all to take part in the dialogue The Sun hopes to spur on campus by commenting on the posts. Let us know your concerns and complaints, call us out on what’s missing from our coverage. As Cornell’s only daily student publication, we are here to provide you with important information about your University and all those connected to it.

Check back often to our blog and our website for frequent updates, and stop by our offices at any time after 6 p.m. — 139 W. State Street — we’d love to hear from you.

Sarah Singer is The Sun’s Managing Editor