Sports Update: Barlow's Overtime Goal Lifts Men's Hockey Over Quinnipiac

Men’s Hockey

On Friday night, the Red got back in the win column after last weekend’s 0-1-1 showing. Evan Barlow scored 2:52 into the overtime period to earn a 2-1 Cornell victory over Quinnipiac at Lynah.
Quinnipiac struck early, as Bobcats defenseman Brett Dickinson tallied his first goal of the season to put his team up 1-0 just 1:30 into the game. However, Brendon Nash scored a power-play goal on a slap-shot from the point at 15:10 of the first frame to tie the game up.
The score stayed knotted at one until the end of regulation.
Barlow’s overtime goal was also scored on the power-play, after he received a pass from Brendon Nash and wired a slap-shot on net that went through the legs of Quinnipiac goalie Dan Clarke. Ben Scrivens made 25 saves in the winning effort.
With the victory, the Red moves to 15-3-4 overall and 10-2-3 in the ECAC. Cornell will be back in action on Saturday as Princeton comes to Ithaca for a 7 p.m. start time.

— Mitchell Drucker

Men’s Basketball

Princeton used a raucous home crowd and a stingy defense to hold the Red to a season-low 41 points in Cornell’s first Ivy League loss of the season. Junior guard Louis Dale was the only Cornell player in double figures with 12 points, five rebounds and three assists. Cornell turned the ball over 14 times and only registered four assists.

— Keenan Weatherford