Crews Face Ancient Eight Rivals

In the last weekend of the spring season, Cornell’s crew teams will take on their Ivy rivals as a last tuneup before EARC championships.
The men’s heavyweight crew will host Princeton and Yale in a battle of some of the top Varsity 8 squads in the nation. In the final EARC heavy weight seedings, Cornell’s Varsity 8 was ranked 9th, while Princeton sat a 4th and Yale at 10th. Ivy Leage competition is notoriously tight, and this weekend’s races will be a test for the Red as a preview of the competition at EARC championships on May 10. The lightweight crew will host Dartmouth for the Baggley cup. The Red has had a tight record with the Green in the past according to varsity coxswain Kerry Quinn, and this year’s race is expected to be no different.
The Red will face Dartmouth on Saturday. This last race before EARC championships will be important in defining the Red’s final Varsity 8 lineup and the crews that will compete in each event at championships.
The women’s team will in Providence, R.I., to face Ancient Eight rivals Brown and Columbia in the Dunn Bowl. The team has had tough times in the Varsity recently, while the freshman boats have consistently produced victory.
[img_assist|nid=37156|title=Going for gold|desc=The men’s heavyweight crew will compete against Yale and Princeton at home this weekend in an Ancient Eight trimeet.|link=node|align=left|width=|height=0]
All three crews are looking for a victory on their last weekend of the regular season before championships begin in early May.