Steve Nash: Play with My Balls!

Bud Light “Clothing Drive”: In a most exciting follow-up to the first Emmy awarded viral commercial, “Swear Jar”, DDB reunited the office gang with “Clothing Drive.” It seems that there has been a lot of awkward (awesome?) nudity in advertisements lately, but this might be my own lingering misconception thanks to CBS uncomfortably airing back-to-back wardrobe malfunctions with the Careerbuilder.com’s “Casual Friday” and Dockers’ “Men Without Pants” commercials during the Superbowl. Let’s take a moment now to remind ourselves that just because you see naked people running around in public on television, you don’t have to do the same. And you really, really shouldn’t. Say no to peer pressure. Stay in school.

Vitamin Water “The Most Ridiculous Man in the World”: Hey Steve Nash, what’s up?! I see you’re currently the Most Ridiculous Man in the World. I used to declare myself the Most Ridiculous Woman in the World, but I never said it on television … so you’ve got me beat. Well played, Steve, well played.

For those of you who’ve missed the ball on this one, Steve Nash, Canadian Basketball Player-turned-Most Ridiculous Man in the World, has now started whoring out his ridiculousness for Vitamin Water XXX. Does this campaign ring any bells? It should. It’s a spoof on Dos Equis’ “Most Interesting Man in the World” (get the pun here? I’ll give you a minute). Some of the lines in the campaign are funny, some are absolutely hilarious. Some of them actually make me jealous of Steve’s life skills. I have some catching up to do. And when I’m done, I challenge thee, Steve Nash, to a duel.

Axe “Clean Your Balls”: The basis of this mock-infomercial is sadly out of my scope of personal knowledge — I’ve never have any balls. Oh, I’ve wanted balls, but well … uhhhhhh …

I really don’t have any idea where I was going with this. Anyway, moving on. Long story short, Axe nails each euphemism here (albeit the golf ball-fondling is a little too spot-on and I feel like a creepy voyeur watching it). Only one serious issue: Guys, is the Detailer THAT NECESSARY?

… Cool.

Original Author: Sydney Arkin