Missing Weill Medical Student Found at YMCA

The Weill Cornell Medical College student who went missing more than a week ago after she was evicted from her apartment was found living at the YMCA on the Upper West Side early Wednesday.Aimee Angle-Zahn is a fourth year medical student, but has been on leave from school for several months to manage an epileptic seizure disorder. Last week, Angle-Zahn called her parents to tell them that she had not paid her rent and her landlord was asking for $650. Shortly after, Angle-Zahn e-mailed her parents that her landlord had hit her with a broom and taken her cell phone and that she was forced to leave, according to multiple published reports. Her parents then made arrangements for her to fly home, but when she did not show up at the hotel room or take the flight home, they became worried.Angle-Zahn’s father flew to New York City and began to canvass the neighborhood, calling hospitals and speaking to several of her friends, but none had any contact with her.Her father described his daughter as brilliant, but spacey. “My daughter has an IQ I believe equal to Albert Einstein’s. But if you send her to the grocery store for bread, she’ll come home with spaghetti,” her father told the Detroit Free Press. “She can be clueless about the real world.”Police were able to track her down after looking at recent activity on her debit card. She was found in good condition, according to multiple reports.

Original Author: Ben Gitlin