November 16, 2011

Man Hospitalized, RPCC Closed Following Injury

Print More

A man was hospitalized Wednesday after suffering first and second degree burns from a shock he received in the basement electric room of the Robert Purcell Community Center. RPCC lost power and closed for several hours.

The man, who sustained injuries on his back, abdomen and both arms, was found “conscious, alert and breathing okay” shortly before 2:30 p.m., according to an emergency radio report.RPCC reopened later in the day after its power was restored, but the Robert Purcell Marketplace Eatery remained closed for the evening, according to a Special Conditions Information statement published at 4:44 p.m.“North Star Dining Room in Appel Commons is open, but be advised that conditions will be crowded,” Karen Brown, director of marketing and communications for Campus Life, stated in an email.Bear Necessities reopened later Wednesday evening.Earlier that afternoon, students working for the North Campus Program Council were told to assume that their shifts were cancelled if they did not receive notice otherwise by 4:15 p.m.

Original Author: Akane Otani