OFF THE GRID: Heavyweight Rowers

This week’s Off the Grid features pop culture questions answered by three seniors on the heavyweight rowing team: D.J. Vaglia, Madison Riley, and Mike Heubusch.

Who do you want to perform for Slope Day?D.J.: Lady Gaga and that’s not a secret.Madison: At this moment, Mumford & Sons — been listening to “Sigh No More” a lot.Mike: THUNDERSTORM CLOUDS.

Your biggest pet peeve is:D.J.: People who walk around college town at 3 in the morning yelling since they have nothing better to do *cough*Shapiro*cough*. Madison: When people walk on the grass buildings and grounds is trying to grow.Mike: Madison complaining about the weather in Ithaca.

What if anything did you give up for lent?D.J.: I gave up erging for lent… just kidding TPK, please don’t cut me.Madison: Nothing, sorry.Mike: Nope.

If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?D.J.: I’d be taking a nap in my apartment (assuming I could cool my room down from 88 degrees it usually is).Madison: China.Mike: In bed.

What’s your favorite class?D.J.: Astro 1102, who doesn’t love introductory science courses?Madison: China Under Revolution and Reform with Andrew Mertha.Mike: Death Penalty In America. It’s serious. And seriously awesome.

One thing you want to do before you graduate: D.J.: Find out exactly what this “social life” thing that people are hinting at is all about.Madison: Eat breakfast at the Lincoln St. Diner, it’s down Gun Hill.Mike: Get an A+ in a class (not looking too good).

Your friends would describe you as: D.J.: Tall and awkward yet conveniently handy. Madison: I’ve had a few people tell me I’m like their dad…Mike: Three words: hard working, alpha male, jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable.

If there’s one thing you could change about this year’s Oscars, what would it be?D.J.: I’d teach Hugo to share the wealth.Madison: The hubbub.Mike: The Artist.

Original Author: Reena Gilani