Top 10 Freshman of 2011-2012

Marianne Collard (Cross Country)

• Honored with the Louis Montgomery Award for being the Red’s most valuable freshman

• Finished 100th at the NCAA Northeast Regional tournament with a time of 22:59.0

Georgiana de Rham (Equestrian, Intermediate) • Won the individual intermediate fences title at the Ivy League Championships•  Qualified for IHSA Nationals in MayMatt Donovan (Men’s Lacrosse, Attack)• Honored as Ivy League Rookie of the Week five times• Leads the Red with 32 ponts on a team-high 14 assists, 18 goals• Coach DeLuca said he is “a player in the mold of Robert Pannell” Meredith Drummond    (Swimming)• Shattered three Cornell records in three days in the 200 breast, 200 IM and 200 freestyle• Finished in 10th place overall at the Ivy League Championships Brian Ferlin (Men’s Ice Hockey, Forward)• Recorded a plus-15 rating and notched 21 points on eight goals, including one made on a power play, and 13 assists           • Honored as ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Year for 2012 Conor Goepel (Men’s Soccer, Midfielder)• Named Ivy League Rookie of the Week two times• Played in all 16 games, starting six and recording three goals in 636 minutes of play time Danielle Letourneau (Women’s Squash)• Honored with first-team All-Ivy League and second-team All-America honors• Selected as the women’s squash team’s most valuable player of the year for Cornell Shonn Miller (Men’s Basketball, Forward)• Made new rookie records for rebounds (170), blocked shots (46)• Ranked among the Top-10 freshman scorers in Cornell history with 250 points Jillian Saulnier (Women’s Ice Hockey, Forward)• Named ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Year, as well as Ivy League Rookie of the Year for 2012• Recorded 11 multi-point games during her rookie campaignKevin Tatum (Baseball, Infielder/Outfielder)• Holds the second highest batting average, .328, of the starters• Went 2-for-3 against Columbia on April 14, hitting a double that sent in the tying run in the seventh, helping Cornell win, 2-1

Share this:EmailShare on Tumblr

Original Author: Sun Staff