Cornell Falls to Stony Brook to End a Two-Game Winning Streak For The Red

The Red (3-5) could not overcome a 14-0 run by the Stony Brook Sea Wolves on Wednesday, falling 76-53 and snapping a two-game winning streak.The Sea Wolves dominated the boards with a 36-20 advantage, led by freshman Jameel Warney’s 19 points and 11 rebounds in just 20 minutes off the bench. Leading the Red on the glass with five boards was sophomore forward Shonn Miller. It was only the third time this season Miller recorded fewer than six rebounds in a game.Although senior guard Johnathan Gray posted a season high 17 points — hitting five of six long balls from beyond the arc — senior forward Eitan Chemerinski was the only other Red player in double digits with 11. In his third start of the season, freshman guard Nolan Cressler chipped in with 9 points, but the Red’s bench — normally an integral part of the offense — was all but silenced on Wednesday. Sophomore guard Devin Cherry — who has recorded double figures in five of the last six games — did not score on Wednesday, and senior forward Errick Peck was held to just one point.The Red got within 12 points at the end of the first half and cut the deficit to 11 early in the second half after a three pointer by Gray found the bottom of the net, but the squad could not get any closer than that.With one game left on Saturday before winter break, the Red will take on Colgate (3-4) at home. The squad faces off against a Raiders team that is coming off an 87-51 shellacking by nationally ranked Syracuse. The Red hopes to catch the Raiders while they are down and go into break with one more win under its belt.

Original Author: Scott Chiusano