WRESTLING | Wrestlers Tackle Binghamton

By ANNA FASMAN

On Saturday, the Cornell wrestling team will take on Binghamton University in its first dual meet of the season. Both Binghamton and the Red come into this match with a talented new class of freshmen, as well as experienced veterans, including 11 seniors for the Red.

Historically, Cornell has performed well against Binghamton, not having lost any dual meets against the Bearcats since it started competing against them in the 1971-1972 season.

Additionally, Cornell is coming off an impressive 2012-2013 season, with two all-Americans returning to the team this year.

In preparation for this dual and overall season, the Red has been practicing hard, while also holding the annual Red vs. White eliminations this past Saturday.

“We have been preparing for this dual similar to how we have in the past, just focusing on solid technique and wrestling our match,” said senior and all-American Mike Nevinger. “This preseason we have worked extra hard on our conditioning and wrestling hard the entire match.”

Connor Archard / Senior PhotographerStaying on top | Senior Chris Villalonga (above) said the talented crop of freshmen this year will be an important complement to the experience of the upperclassmen.