Scott Brown to Talk Politics at Cornell in February

By TYLER ALICEA

Former Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown will discuss Congressional gridlock and partisan politics during an address in Kennedy Hall Feb. 6.

Scott is most notably known for his bipartisanship within the Senate, according to Kyle Ezzedine ’14, chairman of the C.U. College Republicans. Scott’s “moderate” stance within the Republican party prompted the College Republicans to bring him to Cornell, Ezzedine said.

“We’re trying to get a different angle of the Republican Party, [someone] who is not for the partisan politics that are happening right now,” Ezzedine said.

When serving as Sen. Ted Kennedy’s successor in the Senate from 2010 – 13, Brown was the first Republican in the Senate from Massachusetts since 1972, according to a Cornell Republicans press release. Prior to his time in Congress, he served in both the Massachusetts State House of Representatives and the State Senate.

The former senator is now a commentator on FOX News, according to a press release.

The event — entitled “Beyond Labels: The Problem with Partisanship” and sponsored by the Cornell University college Republicans — will be free and open to the public, according to the Cornell Republicans. Brown’s address in 116 Kennedy Hall will be begin at six p.m. and will be followed by an audience Q&A session and a book signing event.