Streeter MBA ’95 to Serve as Cornell Vice President

By ANUSHKA MEHROTRA

Paul Streeter MBA ’95, assistant dean for finance and administration at the College of Veterinary Medicine, will serve as Cornell’s vice president for budget and planning beginning April 1, the University announced Wednesday.

Elmira Mangum, the current vice president for budget and planning, will leave the University to become the first female president of Florida A&M University, The Sun reported in January.

Streeter will manage the University’s annual budgeting process and provide guidance in using resources to meet Cornell’s objectives and academic needs, according to a University press release.

He previously served as interim vice president for budget planning from 2008 to 2010 and has worked at Cornell for 28 years — starting his career as a cash manager in the office of the treasurer — the University said.

Streeter said he believes he has “something to offer” as Vice President for Budget and Planning.

The heart of Cornell is at the unit level,” Streeter said in the release. “So understanding those needs, helping serve the units and meeting those needs while still dealing within the university framework is the key.”

Due to “newly structured” changes made to the role of vice president of budget and planning, Streeter will report to both Provost Kent Fuchs and Joanne DeStefano, vice president for finance and chief financial officer, the release said.

The Cornell Board of Trustees Executive Committee approved his nomination Wednesday.