Cornell University Assembly Confirms Members of University Review Board

The University Assembly passed two resolutions confirming members of the University Review Board for the 2016-17 academic year on Tuesday.

A second resolution the assembly passed enabled the chair to thank  deveryone on the assembly for their work over the past school year, signifying the end of the assembly’s operations for the 2015-16 academic year.

U.A. resolution 10 confirms the members of the University Hearing and Review Board for the 2016-17 academic year, and is sponsored by undergraduate student representative Gabe Kaufman ’18.

The resolution was passed with a vote of 10-0-2 after amendments were made to include current members of the board who are interested in continuing to serve in the coming academic year.

U.A. resolution 11, sponsored by U.A. Chair Matt Battaglia ’17, is a customary action taken by the chair of the U.A. expressing his or her gratitude for the assembly’s members and their cooperation during the academic year.

“This resolution is one that we [make] every single year — the chair sponsors it,” Battaglia said. “It’s a resolution of appreciation to every individual or office that has provided the assembly with information, attended our meetings, presented to us, as well as recognizing members in their roles on our committees, liaisons and other assembly duties.”

The resolution was unanimously passed with a vote of 12-0-0 by all members present. Afterwards, Prof. Martin Hatch, musicology, as vice chair of operations for the assembly proposed that all members present raise their placards in appreciation for Battaglia as chair.