Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity House

Aubrey Akers / Sun Staff Photographer

Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity House

Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity Suspended, Second Fraternity Suspension This Month

The Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity has been placed on interim suspension status by the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life.

This suspension marks the second disciplinary action for a fraternity this year following the interim suspension of Sigma Phi Epsilon earlier this month.

The suspension was enacted Feb. 16 due to a “serious violation of the University Recognition Policy,” according to a University statement. However the statement did not give any details on the alleged violation.

The statement added that until further notice, the “chapter may not engage in any activities other than operation of its residence.”

President of the Interfraternity Council Drew Lord ’18 echoed a statement he made after the Sigma Phi Epsilon suspension, affirming the IFC’s confidence in the OSFL and declining to comment on any details.

“Any violation of the University Recognition Policy warrants a comprehensive investigation so that we can ensure the safety of our members,” he added Saturday. “Safety is our utmost priority.”

• Cornell & Cornell Law Alum

I think you’re missing a word there – “alleged.” Not once in this article nor in the Cornell statement did the word “alleged” appear. Classic Cornell – if you’re a male you’re guilty until proven innocent.

• Alan

An alleged fraternity has allegedly been suspended for alleged violations of alleged university policies. The alleged President of the fraternity alleged he would respond to the allegations when he was allegedly sober enough to talk coherently, which he hopes may occur prior to his graduation.

Yes, these are tough times for men. Colleges are cracking down on drunks and rapists…why should a guy even go to college? Why join a fraternity?

• Dean wormer

Fat, drunk & stupid is no way to go through life, son.

• Otter

Toga, Toga, Toga

• Truth

One of my friends has had a female friend of his drugged at this house. These kids are possible rapists and generally pieces of shit. I wish they had been kicked off.