Cameron Pollack / Sun Photography Editor

The Red swept the Player of the Year, Rookie the Year and Coach of the Year awards.

O’Neill, Mills, Derraugh Sweep Women’s Hockey Ivy Awards, 5 Cornellians named First Team All-Ivy

Ranked fifth in the country entering the playoffs and fresh off winning its 16th Ivy League title, the Red laid claim to a host of end-of-year Ivy accolades.

O'Neill

O’Neill

Sophomore Kristin O’Neill was tabbed Player of the Year, freshman Maddie Mills was named the Rookie of the Year and head coach Doug Derraugh ’81 was named Coach of the Year.

The honors-sweep continues a legacy of Ivy League dominance for Cornell. This is the eighth time in nine years that a Cornell player has won Player of the Year and the ninth time in 11 years that a Cornellian has won Rookie of the Year.

Five Cornell players were also named to the first team All-Ivy on Thursday. O’Neill, Mills, senior defenseman Sarah Knee, sophomore defenseman Jaime Bourbonnais and junior goaltender Marlene Boissonnault were all named to the first team. Junior forward Lenka Serdar earned an Honorable Mention.

The Red was 8-1-1 in Ivy play and captured its second consecutive league title earlier this month with a home win against Yale.

Mills

Mills

O’Neill led the team with 38 points — 19 goals and 19 assists — and recorded points in all but six of her team’s games.

Mills, unanimously tabbed as the Ancient Eight’s best rookie, has 28 points, and her 11 points in Ivy play were fifth-most.

Derraugh

Courtesy of Cornell Athletics

Derraugh

In his 13th season at the helm, Derraugh’s award was also a unanimous decision. He was also named Ivy Coach of the Year in 2017.

Cornell hosts Princeton this weekend in a best-of-three playoff series.