Cameron Pollack / Sun Photography Editor

Ithace Police

Ithaca Man Arrested for Pizza Delivery Robbery After Barricading Himself in Possible Meth Lab, Police Say

Following an hours-long standoff in which an Ithaca man barricaded himself inside of an apartment that may contain a small meth lab, Ithaca Police arrested the man and charged him with the armed robbery of a pizza delivery driver.

Dennis Noonan, 25

Courtesy of Ithaca Police Department

Dennis Noonan, 25

Ithaca Police Officer Jamie Williamson said on Wednesday that officers had arrested Dennis Noonan, 25, on Tuesday evening after he barricaded himself in an apartment at 150 West Village Pl.

Noonan surrendered peacefully after refusing to come out of the apartment for several hours, Williamson said, bringing Ithaca’s SWAT team to the scene. Cornell Police also assisted.

Police had gone to the West Hill apartments to investigate the armed robbery of a Domino’s delivery man who reported being robbed of about $30 and several credit cards on Elm Street on Monday night. The delivery man told police that the suspect had fired two shots into the roadway after the robbery.

Williamson said police charged Noonan with robbery in the second degree, a Class C felony, and Noonan was remanded to the Tompkins County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond.

When searching the apartment Noonan had holed up in, police found indicators of a small meth lab, Williamson said. Police said the investigation of the unidentified items in the apartment is ongoing and no charges relating to the alleged meth lab have been filed.

Mayor Svante Myrick ’09 praised the Ithaca Police Department on Facebook, saying the department had done “excellent” police work.

“Their investigative work quickly identified the suspect, and their negotiating got him to surrender without incident,” Myrick said.