Cameron Pollack / Sun Senior Photographer

The top-seeded Red will host Quinnipiac in the ECAC quarterfinals next weekend.

Men’s Hockey Will Face Quinnipiac in ECAC Quarterfinals

After earning a bye week in the first round of the ECAC playoffs, the top-seeded Red will welcome Quinnipiac to Lynah Rink for a best-of-three series next weekend.

Here’s a quick recap of the action from the first weekend of the ECAC tournament:

Quinnipiac (9) at Yale (8)

The visiting Bobcats dispatched Joe Snively and the Bulldogs in two games, winning 5-1 and 4-1. In the first contest, Quinnipiac rattled off four third-period goals to run away with a game that was tied after two periods.

In game two, Quinnipiac scored twice in the middle frame after a scoreless opening period and cruised to victory.

Brown (10) at Princeton (7)

The Tigers obliterated the visiting Bears, dominating 8-2 and 7-1 to clinch a spot in the conference quarterfinals. After Brown forced an early 2-2 tie in game one, Princeton rattled off six straight goals, four of them on the power play. Josh Teves and Ryan Kuffner each scored twice in game one and the Tigers were 4-for-4 on the man advantage.

Game two was similarly ugly for Brown. Princeton scored four times in the second period to take a 5-0 lead, bringing its series total to a whopping 15 goals. The eight tallies in game one were the most in a playoff game in Princeton program history.

Rensselaer (11) at Colgate (6)

Raider goaltender Colton Point made 26 saves in a 3-1 Colgate victory in game one, but RPI’s Linden Marshall’s shutout in game two — a 1-0 Engineer victory — evened up the series.

The Raiders, behind Point’s shutout, earned a trip to third-seeded Clarkson by defeating RPI, 2-0.

St. Lawrence (12) at Dartmouth (5)

After splitting the series’ first two games, the Green won a tight 2-1 battle in game three to earn a date with Harvard next weekend. Corey Kalk scored the game-winning goal 2:13 into the third.

In game one, Dartmouth took a 2-1 lead late in the second and held on during a scoreless final frame. Facing elimination, St. Lawrence won a close game two, netting an empty-netter to win, 4-2 after the Green tied the game, 2-2, in the waning seconds of the middle period.