Courtesy of Cornell Concert Commission

DNCE and Cupcakke to Perform at This Year’s Homecoming Concert

The Cornell Concert Commission (CCC) announced that DNCE and Cupcakke will be performing at this year’s homecoming concert in Barton Hall on Sept. 22.

DNCE, who is led by former Jonas Brother Joe Jonas, has been nominated for several AMAs and MTV awards. They initially rose to fame in late 2015 with the release of their breakout single “Cake by the Ocean” and have since joined artists like Selena Gomez on tour. Their only full-length album release is the self-titled DNCE from 2016.

Cupcakke also rose to prominence in 2015 through two of her widely popular songs “Deepthroat” and “Vagina.” She is known for her often vulgar lyrics and unique flow.

DNCE and Cupcakke add their names to a long list of artists who have performed at Cornell. Expect large crowds at this year’s Homecoming Concert.

CCC wrote The Sun in a recent email, “We’re very excited to be able to bring artists of this magnitude to the Cornell community. For the homecoming concert, we strive to appeal to both current students and recent alumni, and DNCE is a high-energy, groovy band that fits that bill perfectly. We recognize that music is not just for listening enjoyment, but has potential to connect, inform, and inspire. Cupcakke has been gaining critical acclaim for her empowering lyrics and characteristically explicit one-liners, and together with DNCE, this show is going to be one of the most energetic, memorable homecoming concerts we’ve had yet.”

A previous version of this article did not include the statement from CCC

Peter Buonanno is a sophomore in the College of Arts and Sciences. He can be reached at [email protected].