THIS WEEK IN PHOTOS | September 23rd, 2018

On Monday, Prof. Bruce Western, sociology, Columbia University, discussed his research on the challenges formerly incarcerated individuals face when reentering society. (Aubrey Akers / Sun Staff Photographer)

At the Student Assembly meeting on Thursday, Dale Barbaria '19, Vice President of Finance and Undesignated At-Large Representative, defended the need to provide $4,000 of Special Projects funding to the Chinese Students Association for their annual Mid-Autumn Festival. (Boris Tsang / Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

At the Student Assembly meeting on Thursday, Dale Barbaria ’19, Vice President of Finance and Undesignated At-Large Representative, defended the need to provide $4,000 of Special Projects funding to the Chinese Students Association for their annual Mid-Autumn Festival. (Boris Tsang / Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

Students and alumni gathered at Ho Plaza on Saturday morning for the Cornell Chimes Sesquicentennial Celebration. Audience members learned about the history of the Chimes and listened to some of its most memorable songs. (Jing Jiang / Sun Staff Photographer)

After the Chimes Celebration, students and alumni were treated to a performance by the Big Red Marching Band. (Boris Tsang / Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

A memorial service was held at the Baldwin Memorial Stairway on Saturday afternoon to honor the students who died in World War I. (Jing Jiang / Sun Staff Photographer)

Visitors at the Homecoming Big Red Fan Festival had the chance to ride a small Ferris wheel. (Michael Wenye Li / Sun Photography Editor)

A group of boys awaits the start of the Homecoming game at Schoellkopf Field. (Michael Wenye Li / Sun Photography Editor)

Cornell running back Harold Coles slips past the Yale defense at the Homecoming game. Although the junior scored two touchdowns, the defending Ivy League champions pulled ahead for the victory, 30-24. (Boris Tsang / Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

Cornell running back Harold Coles slips past the Yale defense at the Homecoming game. Although the junior scored two touchdowns, the Bulldogs pulled ahead for the victory, 30-24. (Boris Tsang / Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

DNCE's vocalist Joe Jonas hypes up the crowd at the Homecoming concert at Barton Hall. (Boris Tsang / Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

DNCE’s vocalist Joe Jonas hypes up the crowd at the Homecoming concert at Barton Hall. (Boris Tsang / Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

CupcakKe performs at the Homecoming concert. (Boris Tsang / Sun Assistant Photography Editor)