Courtesy of NBC

J.I.D to Perform at Ithaca College

After nearly a decade-long career, performing as a part of the Earthgang collective Spillage Village and most recently as a member of the Dreamville team, J.I.D has become a global sensation following the release of his latest album DiCaprio 2. The J. Cole prodigy is set to take the stage this Saturday at Ithaca College. According to the Ithaca College website, the performance is set to feature “special guests” — which will most likely be IC student artists, given past performances at the college.

The 28-year-old East Atlanta artist is currently dual-signed to Interscope and Dreamville. DiCaprio 2 features collabs such as “Off Deez” with fellow Dreamville artist J. Cole, “Westbrook” with A$AP Ferg and “Skrawberries” with BJ the Chicago Kid, which he performed on Fallon.

In a review of DiCaprio 2, Pitchfork wrote that the best lines on the album “feel like J.I.D is performing acrobatics on a 20-foot tightrope” and even compares his flow with that of Compton great Kendrick Lamar.

Recently, after Tory Lanez questioned the legitimacy of the Dreamville label lineup, J.I.D responded with a tweet suggesting that the rapper was all talk and “balding.”

J.I.D is currently touring in support of DiCaprio 2 and is set to make stops across the East coast as well as in Dublin and Melbourne. This is his first major label tour so expect high energy from J.I.D and a perfomance of most, if not all, of DiCaprio 2.

Tickets are currently on sale for around $25 and can be purchased at the IC website. The Sun recommends drinking lots of water before the show in preparation for rampant mosh pits and dehydration #ArtsCares.

Peter Buonanno is a sophomore in the College of Arts and Sciences. He currently serves as the assistant arts editor on The Sun’s editorial board. He can be reached at [email protected].