Ben Parker/Sun Senior Editor

Trevor Wallace, a stand-up comedian, writer and actor, performs in the Bailey Hall auditorium on Saturday night. This show marked the Cornell University Program Board’s first in-person show since February 2020.

THIS WEEK IN PHOTOS | Aug. 29, 2021

Students walk up Ho Plaza on Wednesday, the day before the fall 2021 semester began. (Julia Nagel/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

Outside of Anabel Taylor Hall, Cornell Hillel hosts a Welcome Back BBQ on Wednesday. (Julia Nagel/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

On Wednesday night, the eve of the fall 2021 semester, Cautious Clay performed on Schoellkopf Field. Sponsored by the Cornell Concert Commission, this concert signified Cornell’s first in-person musical performance since the start of the pandemic. (Ben Parker/Sun Senior Editor)

Cautious Clay, whose music spans a variety of genres and instruments, sings on Schoellkopf Field on Wednesday night. (Ben Parker/Sun Senior Editor)

On Thursday, the first day of classes, students walk and study on Ho Plaza. Unlike the previous two semesters, all courses are being held in-person. (Hannah Rosenberg/Sun Photography Editor)

On the first day of classes, students lounge on benches outside of The Cornell Store. On Thursday, some students experienced their first in-person classes at Cornell or since the start of the pandemic. (Hannah Rosenberg/Sun Photography Editor)

Temple of Zeus, a cafe located in the atrium of Klarman Hall, bustles with students on Thursday. During the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters, Zeus, and other food establishments on campus, implemented strict capacity restrictions, reducing the number of tables, seats and occupants in eateries. On August 26, 2021, students found these restrictions lifted, as they reunited after summer break. (Hannah Rosenberg/Sun Photography Editor)

People ascend the steps to the Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Arto on Thursday, the day the museum reopened to the public, inviting guests to its collections and exhibitions after over a year of limited admittance. (Julia Nagel/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

On Thursday, a visitor at the Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art observes artwork centered around the intersection of art and environmental struggle. (Julia Nagel/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

Trevor Wallace, a stand-up comedian, writer and actor, performs in the Bailey Hall auditorium on Saturday night. This show marked the Cornell University Program Board’s first in-person show since February 2020. (Ben Parker/Sun Senior Editor)