Kaiti Sullivan/The New York Times

Syracuse University professors find that female proteins bind to the sperm and these proteins constitute 20% of the sperm’s mass, making the sperm more viable and partially female.

Research in Fruit Fly Mating Highlights a Joint Effort in Understanding Asexual Human Procreation

In the recently published article, “The Life History Of Drosophila Sperm Involves Molecular Continuity Between Male And Female Reproductive Tracts,” and further correspondence with loud experts, the future of reproduction turns a new palmatey, green and fragrant leaf. 

The article explored the lifespan of sperm inside the internally fertilizing species Drosophila, with the senior editor Prof. Mariana Wolfner and graduate student Akanksha Singh, both in the department of molecular biology and genetics.

The lab and research was in collaboration with professors from Syracuse University, Scott Pitnick, professor of biology, and Steve Dorus, associate professor of biology.

Their findings concluded that after the insemination of a female fruit fly, female proteins bind to the sperm and these proteins constitute 20% of the sperm’s mass, making the sperm more viable and partially female. 

The aid provided to sperm from the female mate, fights against the common belief that after insemination the sperm is tasked with fighting off the hostile nature of a female reproductive system to fertilize an egg, Wolfner explained.

After a few days inside the female fruit fly, the sperm begins to take on more genetic characteristics of the female mate. 

“Multiple seminal fluid proteins initially associate with sperm, but most become undetectable after sperm are stored. Female-derived proteins also begin to associate with sperm immediately after mating, and they comprise nearly 20% of the postmating sperm proteome following 4 days of storage in the FRT [female reproductive tract],” states the paper.

To explore this further with fruit flies personally, The Sun removed the language barrier between our species through the aid of euphoric gummies, brownies and our talented polyglot and linguist Mary Jane ’420. 

While discussing the implications of this research with fruit fly professors Maui Wowie and Sour Diesel, both from the department of herbology, we found that the implications of this study supersedes fruit fly physiology and that it can be transposed onto humans – specifically females.  

“We have found that after insemination females can make genetic copies of a single sperm and reproduce the sperm with their own resources, while also mimicking differing genetic makeups by switching out alleles,” said Prof. Wowie. “After a female is exposed to one single sperm, traditional mating is no longer necessary.”

After a single mating, or artificial insemination, human females capable and desiring of procreation need not mate again. 

This finding will revolutionize the habits and lifestyles of many, who no longer desire the social pressure of a long-term partnership or consistent mating in order to bear and raise children. 

“With kush-colored glasses, our future is female,” Prof. Diesel stated. 
[The implications, conclusions, and statements in this article are not endorsed or accredited by any of the aforementioned authors in the “The Life History Of Drosophila Sperm Involves Molecular Continuity Between Male And Female Reproductive Tracts” article. These authors bear no responsibility for interpretations or misrepresentations of their work in this article. Happy 4/20!]