Ming DeMers/Sun Staff Photographer

On Nov. 29, a student lights a candle at a vigil, held on Ho Plaza, for the victims of the Urumqi Fire. Protests have erupted across China after 10 people were killed and 9 were injured after an apartment fire in Urumqi, located in China’s Xinjiang region. Many believe that the government’s zero-tolerance COVID-19 lockdowns prevented firefighters from responding.

A Month in Photos | Nov. 2022

A voter enters Ithaca Town Hall on Election Day on Nov. 8. At the local and state level, the 2022 midterm elections brought sweeping victories for the Democratic party, with the notable exception of the New York District 19 House race. (Jason Wu/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

President of Iceland Guðni Th. Jóhannesson uses a water bottle and cup to illustrate a point about international fisheries management during the “Can Small States Make a Difference? The Case of Iceland on the International Scene” lecture in Klarman Hall on Nov. 10. (Julia Nagel/Sun Photography Editor)

Following the first snowfall of the 2022-23 academic year, the A.D. White Statue holds a snowman on Nov. 16. (Julia Nagel/Sun Photography Editor)

The Ithaca on the Commons Starbucks location sits empty on November 17 — Starbucks’ national Red Cup Day. Along with more than 100 stores nationwide, the Ithaca Commons Starbucks workers went on strike, citing Starbucks’ refusal to bargain in good faith, use of union busting tactics and poor working conditions and wages. (Julia Nagel/Sun Photography Editor)
Attendees watch a drag performer during Cornell Ballroom and Drag’s Corn-L.O.L event. Established this semester, Cornell Ballroom and Drag has introduced many students to the art of drag performance for the first time, hosting workshops on make-up, choreography, costuming and drag history. (Nina Davis/Sun Staff Photographer)

Senior forward Zach Tupker scores during Cornell Men’s Hockey’s home opener against Yale. In front of a raucous home crowd, the Big Red rode a lopsided second period to a commanding 5-2 victory, with four different skaters scoring for Cornell in a period in which Yale only managed four shots. (Leilani Burke/Sun Staff Photographer)

Sophomore forward Danny Lokko celebrates after scoring the go-ahead goal in No. 14 Cornell’s 2-1 NCAA Tournament victory over Maryland on Nov. 20. The win was Cornell’s first NCAA Tournament win since 1977, sending the Red through to the Sweet 16, where they ultimately fell 1-0 to No. 3 Syracuse. (Jason Wu/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

A young fan pumps his fist after getting a high-five from a Cornell Hockey player at The Frozen Apple on Nov. 26. In front of a “sea of red,” The Big Red hit No. 6 UConn for six goals in a 6-0 victory, with Freshman forward Dalton Bancroft netting a hat trick. (Jason Wu/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

Students skate in Lynah Rink during public skating hours on Nov. 29. Despite the creation of a petition to increase open skate times during the weekends and after school hours, Lynah Rink’s hours have steadily decreased, hosting public skating exclusively on the weekdays, for just one hour per day. (Claire Li/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

On Nov. 29, a student lights a candle at a vigil, held on Ho Plaza, for the victims of the Urumqi Fire. Protests have erupted across China after 10 people were killed and 9 were injured after an apartment fire in Urumqi, located in China’s Xinjiang region. Many believe that the government’s zero-tolerance COVID-19 lockdowns prevented firefighters from responding. (Ming DeMers/Sun Staff Photographer)