Nathan Ellison/Sun Staff Photographer

Students walk past Libe slope during a fall sunrise on Oct. 17, 2024.

12 mins ago

SUNBURSTS | Fall Foliage

As the turning of the leaves marks the start of the second half of the semester, Cornellians have enjoyed the fall foliage and autumn activities.

SUNRISE | Students walk to class as the sun rises over Libe Slope. (Nathan Ellison/Sun Staff Photographer)

BAILEY | At Bailey Hall, signs of autumn emerge as the leaves turn red. (Nathan Ellison/Sun Staff Photographer)

THE SLOPE | A student trudges up Libe Slope. (Jaein Ku/Sun Staff Photographer)

MCGRAW | The top of McGraw Hall towers above the foliage on the Arts Quad. (Matthew Korniczky/Sun Staff Photographer)

WORKING HARD | Taking advantage of the warm weather, a student studies under a tree on the Arts Quad. (Matthew Korniczky/Sun Staff Photographer)

PUMPKINS | All sizes, colors and types of pumpkins are sold at a market at Indian Creek Farm. (Jaein Ku/Sun Staff Photographer)

KING DAVID | Cornellians and Ithacans alike spend their fall weekends apple picking at Indian Creek Farm. A King David apple was one of the varieties available. (Karlie McGann/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

AMPLE APPLES | Baskets of several apple varieties are up for sale at Indian Creek Farm. (Karlie McGann/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

UP IN THE AIR | A hot-air balloon flies above Indian Creek Farm. (Karlie McGann/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)

PUMPKIN PATCH | In preparation for Halloween, a child picks pumpkins in a pumpkin patch at Indian Creek Farm. (Jaein Ku/ Sun Staff Photographer)

Sunbursts is the Photography Department’s weekly photo gallery varying in content from recent happenings. It is written in collaboration by the Photography Editor and Assistant Photography Editors. They can be reached at [email protected].