Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 1.17.10 AM

O’Reilly Airs Second Segment on Cornell

Fox News aired a second segment regarding Cornell’s “liberal bias” on The O’Reilly Factor Monday evening.

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 1.17.10 AM

Last week, the program aired a piece on a Sun report that found 96 percent of faculty members who made political donations donated to liberal campaigns over the last four years. During the piece, Cornell officials asked reporter Jesse Watters to stop interviewing students on campus.

Monday’s segment highlighted a Sun editorial, which criticized the University for its decision to ask Fox News to leave.

“The University’s response to the piece was far more embarrassing than reporter Jesse Watters’ shoddy journalism techniques,” Wednesday’s editorial read.

Bill O’Reilly then played a clip with more student and administrator interviews. In response to being described as a “shoddy journalist” by The Sun, Watters joked that  he learned the techniques from O’Reilly.

“I didn’t embarrass the students,” Watters said. “They did that themselves.”

6 thoughts on “O’Reilly Airs Second Segment on Cornell

1. The real story is not what Fox News did. It is the attitude of Cornell faculty as laid out in the original Sun article. Especially telling was the professor of government who essentially claimed that Republicans are not intelligent enough to teach at Cornell. He must also believe that Republicans are not bright enough to be students at Cornell. It appears the accusations of stupidity are misplaced.

• The genius (barf!) professor who said that conservatives were too dumb to teach at Cornell was Andrew Little. I kid you not, his latest research is about ” communication technology, antiregime beliefs, protest, and censorship.” How apt for this situation.

2. The professors who claim that Republicans are intellectually inferior were Kenneth McClane (English) and Richard Bensel (Government). I suggest that they tell their colleagues and students who are Republicans that they do not belong at Cornell. “Anyone who disputes liberal group think shall be banished forthwith!”

3. The professors probably meant that today’s conservatives (and Republicans) are generally not very insightful – at least not when compared to progressives – in political or social realms. As such, they are right. Today’s conservatives come up short on virtually every major policy issue. If you don’t believe me (or the professors), watch tonight’s debate.

Why would you want people who lack insight teaching your children? It doesn’t make sense.