Courtesy of Cornell University Hospital for Animals

Thompson has served as the hospital's interim director since Aug. 2015 and director of continuing education since 2012.

New Director of Cornell Animal Hospital Plans to Improve Facilities, Staffing

Prof. Meg Thompson, clinical sciences, has been named the director of the Cornell University Hospital for Animals — a teaching hospital within the College of Veterinary Medicine — according to a University press release.

CVM Dean Prof. Lorin Warnick, population medicine and diagnostic sciences, announced Thompson’s appointment today and her term begins immediately, the release said.

Thompson has served as interim director since Aug. 2015 and director of continuing education since 2012, and provided input on decisions regarding the veterinary college’s technology infrastructure and future expansion, according to the University.

As interim director, Thompson aided in assessing the hospital’s facilities and staffing needs, Warnick said in the release, praising Warnick’s ability to evaluate operations and collaborate with veterinarians.

“Her administrative experience, understanding of hospital operations and extensive work with regional veterinarians put her in an excellent position to take on the director role,” Warnick said.

Thompson — who has a bachelor’s degree in architecture and master’s degree in counseling psychology — emphasized that her diverse background will serve her well in her new role.

“My undergraduate training is helpful when considering facility needs,” she said in the release. “My masters inspired my interest in human resources, staffing and management. And my background in radiology helps me evaluate our technology needs.”