STRONG

Saturday Night Live Comedian Cecily Strong to Perform at Bailey Hall

Comedian Cecily Strong, who recently completed her fourth year on the cast of Saturday Night Live, will perform a comedy sketch show, Cecily & Friends, at Bailey Hall on Friday, Oct. 28, according to a Cornell University Program Board press release.

Strong is most known for her portrayal of SNL characters, “The Girl You Wish You Hadn’t Started A Conversation With at A Party” and Kyra from “The Girlfriends Talk Show.” She has also co-hosted “Weekend Update” with Seth Meyers and Colin Jost.

“CUPB has not presented a sketch show in recent memory, so we are excited to deliver an untraditional program to the Cornell community with Cecily & Friends,” said Gabe Diamond ’18, CUPB executive chairperson.

Maria Mu ’18, CUPB selections chairperson, emphasized what an exciting opportunity it will be to see Strong live.

“This performance will showcase Cecily’s sketch comedy chops that she has honed from four years on SNL,” Mu said.“It’s always great to experience a talented actress’ live performance that people generally only can see on TV.”

Strong earned her BFA in theater from the California Institute of the Arts, before returning to Chicago, where she improvised regularly at iO and served as an understudy for Second City Mainstage Productions, according to the release.

Strong has also acted in films, including Ghostbusters, The Meddler and The Bronze. She was the also the featured entertainer at the 2015 White House Correspondents’ Association dinner.

Tickets for the show go on sale Sept. 27 at 9 a.m. for students and Sept. 28 at 9 a.m. for the general public. Balcony tickets cost $10 for students and $15 for the general public, and floor tickets cost $13 for students and $18 for the general public.