Khaliq Gale turned himself in to the Ithaca Police Department last Friday.

Suspect In Stewart Ave Stabbing Turns Himself In

Khaliq Gale, a suspect in the Sept. 28 non-fatal stabbing on Stewart Avenue, has turned himself in, according to the Ithaca Police Department.

IPD identified Gale as a suspect last week, and added that he was believed to be accompanied by another, unidentified man who allegedly produced a handgun during the altercation. Authorities have not yet revealed whether they have learned the identity of the second suspect.

Gale, 21, was accompanied by an attorney when he turned himself in, IPD says. He was booked on one charge of Assault in the Second Degree, a Class D Felony, and Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree, a Class A Misdemeanor.

After he surrendered, Gale was arraigned in Ithaca City Court and then sent to Tompkins County Jail in lieu of $1,000 cash bail of $2,000 property bond. The court also issued an Order of Protection on Gale, according to IPD.

This arrest is the first in two separate stabbing cases, following violent incidents that occurred one month apart on or near Cornell’s campus.

7 thoughts on “Suspect In Stewart Ave Stabbing Turns Himself In

1. This racist language has no place in civilized society. The color of his skin is not an issue, the alleged violent behavior is the issue. Given prior narcotic convictions, it begs the question as to whether or not drugs were involved in this altercation? Your racist rant is a distraction from what we need to do as a community to pull together and make our neighborhood a safe and inclusive campus for every non violent person.

The lack of leadership from the Provost and interim President open the door for this kind of racist non sense, leaders would set the tone on campus following these violent events. These two have been largely missing in action. The board needs to remove them both and move on to rebuild the campus environment, increase security, and make non violent people of all ethnic groups feel welcome in our academic environment.

2. Honesty, transparency, and community engagement should be characteristics the board should look for in the new Provost and President. Agree four human beings have been stabbed, let’s not demean them by reporting two stabbings.

3. Nice that this dude has turned himself in. However, I think most of us agree that we will be put more at ease when the murderer is caught. Orientation week was in AUGUST .. We are approaching parents weekend..what a great feeling to not see an inkling of progress in that case..it’s wonderful