Jason Wu/Sun Staff Photographer

Ithacans, Cornell students, and visitors alike crowd the Ithaca Commons on Saturday, enjoying the AppleFest festivities. Patrons waited in long lines for cider, apple mac and cheese, apple cider donuts and caramel apples.

THIS WEEK IN PHOTOS | Oct. 3, 2021

On Wednesday, a student walks by the Welcome Center towards North Campus. As temperatures dip, fall colors are starting to show around campus. (Julia Nagel/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)
Students exit the Collegetown 7-Eleven on Wednesday. After six years of renovations, the store—an accessible and affordable option for students—unveiled its new interior in early September. The renovations included an expanded shelf stock, twice as much floor space, a bigger counter, a seating area and more drink machines. (Hannah Rosenberg/Sun Photography Editor)
The newly renovated LGBT Resource Center multipurpose room on Wednesday, with more space for various events or studying. After the completion of renovations in summer 2019 and the reopening of campus this year, Cornell’s LGBT Resource Center is providing students with new resources and more modern amenities. (Julia Nagel/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)
Friday evening, people gather on the Arts Quad for the Students For Hong Kong Action Day Rally. The rally protested the oppression of Hongkongers, Uyghurs and Tibetans under the Chinese Communist Party. (Hannah Rosenberg/Sun Photography Editor)
Sprint football players walk onto the field on Friday evening. Though the team showed improvement and opened strong with a 62-yard drive, they lost to Caldwell 32-12. (Katrien de Waard/Sun Contributor)
On Saturday, Natalie Stone congratulates Caroline Ramsey after she scores the first goal of the game. Three goals in the second quarter and two in the third propelled Cornell to a 5-0 win against Columbia. (Julia Nagel/Sun Assistant Photography Editor)
People across all generations join the Saturday protest against the Texas law outlawing abortions after six weeks of pregnancy. Planned Parenthood of Greater New York helped organize and host the Ho Plaza reproductive rights rally. (Ben Parker/Sun Senior Editor)
Ithacans, Cornell students and visitors alike crowd the Ithaca Commons on Saturday, enjoying the AppleFest festivities. Patrons waited in long lines for cider, apple mac and cheese, apple cider donuts and caramel apples. (Jason Wu/Sun Staff Photographer)
On Saturday, fresh apples, available for purchase, sit in a crate at AppleFest. There were many apple varieties for sale, in addition to crafts, apple baked goods and other seasonal food. (Michelle Yang/Sun Staff Photographer)