Calling all photographers in the Cornell community: In an effort to showcase what life looks like for students, staff and faculty during this period of social distancing, The Sun will be accepting reader-submitted photos over the next week for the following two themes:
1. Online classes: Classes resume this week, but every student’s desk looks slightly different now. Send us photos of what your workspace at home looks like!
2. Traditions and Celebrations: The COVID-19 pandemic has interrupted traditions and impacted the way people celebrate. We’re interested in seeing how friends, families and communities are adjusting their traditions and celebrations this spring; possible submissions include, but are not limited to, birthdays, family traditions and holidays, such as Passover, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
Photo submissions are open to Cornell students, staff and faculty. Guidelines for submissions are as follows:
1. Photos taken on any device are welcome, though photos of higher quality are preferred.
2. Photos should be emailed to email@example.com from a cornell.edu email. Include the theme(s) of your submission in the email subject.
3. Inserting photos into the body of an email decreases the size of the image. To preserve quality, upload your photos as email attachments or upload them to a Google Drive folder and include the link in your email.
4. Include any relevant information about your photo(s) in the email. If you’re a student, include your class year; if you’re a staff or faculty member, tell us about your position or job. Also include information on the city, state and country (if outside the U.S.) where the photo was taken and provide a brief description of what is pictured.
5. In submitting your photos, you grant The Sun permission to use your images on its publishing platforms. You will be given credit if your photos are published.