Brawl on Dryden Road Wednesday Morning Results in Hospitalization for Male Victim

A male received an injury to the face during a brawl on the 100 block of Dryden Road, at about 1:40 a.m. on Wednesday, the University said. Witnesses to the fight filed a report with the Cornell University Police Department.

The victim was later located by authorities at Cayuga Medical Center, according to the University. The victim had not provided any information to the police as of Wednesday afternoon.

According to CUPD Chief Kathy Zoner, the investigation is ongoing, and CUPD has not yet uncovered information about the suspect or what caused the conflict.

Zoner added that this incident is “definitely of a different nature” than the case of the victim who reported being struck in the face at Libe Slope on March 12.

The victim in that incident reported that an unidentified white male asked the student for money and struck her in the face with a closed fist.

To prevent future incidents, CUPD also issued a message to remind people walking through and around campus to remain fully aware of their surroundings.

“As the weather gets warmer and late night activity increases, we want people to avoid conflict and continue to report all suspicious and potentially harmful behavior,” Zoner said.

Original Author: Liz Camuti