SQUASH | Men, Women Finish Season Strong

By Hamdan Al Yousefi

This past weekend, the Cornell men’s and women’s squash teams participated in both divisions of the men and women’s College Squash Association National Individual Championship. The championship took place in Philadelphia and was hosted by both Drexel and Penn.

Senior Rishi Jalan was a standout for the Red and emerged victorious in the Molloy Cup, the B–division of the men’s individual championship. Jalan was the Red’s sole representative in the division, with teammate senior Nick Sachvie competing in the Pool Cup, the A–division of the men’s individual championship.

Junior Danielle Letourneau and senior Jessenia Pacheco represented Cornell in the women’s A­–division, also known as the Ramsay Cup. Junior Lindsay Seginson and freshman Rachel Scherman participated in the Holleran Cup, the B­­–division of the women’s individual championship.

“[Jalan] had the potential to be there and it was always going to be quite close. He didn’t get a very good seeding and the B’s were fairly close. … As [Jalan] went on through the draw, he gained confidence and I think [in] his mind, he was a senior and he got inspired,” said head coach Mark Devoy of Jalan’s winning performance. “It was a challenge and he took it up. It was a very good finish for him. I thought he’d have problems with the number one seed from Brown.”

Connor Archard/ Sun Sports Photography EditorSenior Rishi Jalan won the Molloy Cup this past weekend, competing in the No. 6 spot for the Red.