BERRY PATCH: It’s Spring Break!

With the changes to the calendar, spring break was moved back later this semester to accommodate the addition of February break. Like everyone else, we are excited to get a break from our prelims and papers, so we at The Sun wanted to find out where Cornellians will be traveling to next week. So we enlisted our best Berry Patch reporters — who were packing their bathing suits and sunscreen — and sent them to find out the hottest spots for Spring Breakers this year.

The Smithsonian: Since our fearless leader President David Skorton will be leaving at the end of next year, certain students have decided to beat him to the punch and take a road trip to Washington D.C. to see his future workplace. They claim they also want to be a bit more cultured and will actually take in some of the sights of the museums, but off-the-record sources say they really just want to party on the White House Lawn.

Ithaca: For those who enjoy the snow, wind chill and sleet, these Cornellians have decided to stay in their humble abodes in Ithaca. While others are enjoying sunny vacation spots, these students have decided to build a snowman … and take a selfie.

Mexico/Dominican Republic/Bahamas/Whatever other places are around there: If you want to hang with a ton of Cornellians, you might as well go to Punta Cana. Or Cancun. Or pretty much anywhere warm and featured on a Spring Break all-inclusive packages website. It seems as though those looking for the beach and some fun in the sun are heading south of the border this spring break.

Other State Schools: Those who think we party hard here have another coming, according to students that are hitting up large state schools this spring break. From Penn State to Michigan and beyond, these spring break hopefuls claim they are planning on getting rowdy.

The North Pole: While some students may have decided to stay in Ithaca, several students say they are going for something more temperate. The North Pole, according to our weather experts — basically whoever has the Weather App on their iPhone — has actually had some balmy weather this winter.

Home Sweet Home: For the percentage of students that are not planning on taking an exotic trip, they reported that they will be returning home. Whether that means Westchester or Long Island, these students plan on sleeping in, eating their mom’s food and binging on Netflix, we hear House of Cards Season 2 is out.