WOMEN’S ROWING | Rowers Fall to Dartmouth Boats

By ELANI COHEN

Despite a tough fight, the women’s rowing team failed to capture the Parent’s Cup in its competition this weekend as Dartmouth rowed away with the Cup. Featuring boats from Cornell, Dartmouth and the University of Central Florida, the event took place in Hanover, New Hampshire on the Connecticut River.

The regatta started with the varsity eight race, in which Dartmouth came in first closely followed by Cornell. This was one of the closest races for the Red, as Dartmouth finished its first varsity eight with an overall time of 5:58.3 while Cornell finished with similar time of 6:00.8 and UCF finished with a far off time of 6:22.0. Cornell followed behind Dartmouth in the second varsity eight race as well, earning a time of 6:15.7. During the varsity four, Dartmouth finished the race off in first with a lead of 3.7 seconds, and Cornell finished next, beating UCF by 12.8 seconds.

UCF finally pushed ahead of the Red during the third varsity eight race, beating the Red by 5.1 seconds. Cornell stepped its game back up in the final race of the Parent’s Cup, the varsity 4B, finishing in first place with a final time of 6:46.1. The Dartmouth B team finished next, followed close behind by UCF and the Dartmouth C team, which finished in last place.

“We were disappointed with the overall results against Dartmouth having won in only one boat,” senior captain Lily Eisermann said. “However, we know that we are faster than the results last weekend show.”

The team aims to take advantage of the next two weeks and prepare for the Ivy League Championships, Eisermann said.The event will take place on May 18 on the Cooper River in New Jersey.

“We will use the next two weeks to prepare mentally and physically to give our best performance for Ivy League Championships,” Eisermann said. “We know that with our best row, we will be able to do great things and beat teams that got the better of us in the regular season.”