Settlement Reached Over Suicide Suit Against Cornell

By TYLER ALICEA

A scholarship will be established in the memory of a student who jumped to his death from a bridge in 2010 as the result of a settlement agreement between Cornell and the father of the student, according to the University.

Cornell said it will fund the perpetual scholarship in memory of Bradley Ginsburg ’13, who committed suicide from the Thurston Avenue Bridge in February 2010. The value of the scholarship may be within the range of $1.6 to $1.8 million, according to court documents.

In a statement Thursday, the University did not comment on how much the scholarship would be worth and said the exact terms of the scholarship will be released at a later date.

“Bradley’s death was, and remains a tragedy. We are grateful we were able to resolve this matter to everyone’s satisfaction and look forward to being able to honor Bradley’s memory with a scholarship in his name,” said Joel Malina, vice president for University Relations.

The City of Ithaca will also put forth $100,000 as part of the settlement, according to the court records.

The lawsuit filed by the father of a student who jumped to his death from the Thurston Avenue Bridge has been settled, according to University officials. Connor Archard / Sun Sports Photography Editor