My Christmas Wish List

One semester down. One more to go.

As someone who is quickly approaching his final viewing of athletic events on East Hill, I have a few things I’d like to see happen next semester.

So in no particular order, here they are:

1) Five League Titles — In the past three and a half years, there have only been about five league titles brought back to the Hill. I want a chance to see many more in my final semester here. It seems like a reasonable wish, given the ability of the men’s hockey, wrestling, softball, men’s tennis, women’s basketball and men’s lacrosse teams, I have hope.

2) Beat Harvard — Yes, we all hate the school, but it does have a tendency to win athletic events. Therefore, to get my first wish, this one will also need to happen.

3) A Trip to Lake Placid — The year’s version of the men’s hockey team will be the last sport I cover. Ever. Therefore, for very selfish reasons, I want to take a return trip to Lake Placid this Spring and see more than two tough losses and the inside of a pizza place. I want to see a title. And I want to have enough time bobsledding during the afternoon of the championship game.

4) A Trip to Albany — The men’s Frozen Four will take place there this year. Besides the chance to see my good friend Justin’s digs, I’d like to be covering Cornell there. This one may be a bit of a stretch, but I refuse to count it out.

5) From the Field — Kelli Larsen pulls double duty in the Spring, writing the column for the Sun by this name as well as playing for the softball team. Now, if the squad can win its second Ivy title in three years, we will know what it felt like from the players’ perspective.

6) A Win in the Dome — Last year the men’s lacrosse team pulled off the biggest win in recent memory on East Hill. The Red took down Syracuse, giving the Orange it’s only loss on the way to a Syracuse national title. This year, I want to see it happen again in the Carrier Dome. And I will be a fan again by then, so I’ll get to be a bit more supportive.

7) Losing my Voice Again — This Spring, I’ll come out of the box and become a fan again. I hope to voyage to the games for no other purpose than to enjoy them with my friends. And of course, cheer just a bit.

That’s my list. There are some big requests on it, but if the most of them come true, it will be a great final semester for the seniors leaving town.

If you frequent this section often, you should consider having a similar list. A Cornell wish list is never a bad thing to have.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Archived article by J.V. Anderton