Finger Lake n Good

B & J’s Underground Cafe boasts the “best Philly Cheese steak in Ithaca”, and rightfully so. Yet, beware: the after affects for ye who does not regularly eat foods heavy in blue cheese and spicy sauce may require an emergency thick coat of pepto.

With an eclectic Ithacan vibe, apparent in the artwork by local artist Melissa Roberts adorned on the walls, and in the Ithaca Bakery supplied bread which is available in 9 varieties, and is referred to by many including Elissa Badean ’05 as “the best bread available in Ithaca,” B & J’s should be considered an original and classic Ithacan dining establishment. Robert’s art work is creative enough to draw a crowd of its own, and is available to purchase, just ask one of the co-owner’s, one of whom is always present as co-owner Brendan Clive assured me.

Underground’s new hours provide the perfect opportunity to quench late night hunger attacks through the implementation of a free delivery service every Thursday through Saturday until 3:00 am. It will be to your detriment if you do not take advantage of its late night tangibility.

Upon sampling the two B & J specialties (as reccomended by the owner) — the Philly cheese steak and the Buffalo chicken sandwich — my taste buds were rampantly applauding my delectable choice in ‘cuisine’. Co-owner Brendan Clive recommended ‘the works’; a combination of saut