Around the Ivies

More than half of the political contributions made by Harvard professors were given to Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), The Harvard Crimson reported.
A former student at Harvard and former editor of the Harvard Law Review, the amount of money donated to Obama’s campaign — $78,000 — highlights the support he has from Harvard.
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) took in only $33,000, less than half of Obama’s total at Harvard. Mitt Romney, former Massachusetts Governor and a Republican who raised almost $23,000 at Harvard, was another major recipient of Harvard donations.
Harvard employees donated just over $150,000 to presidential candidates in the first quarter of the year.
A graduate student at Columbia escaped her burning apartment after being raped and tortured for 19 hours on Saturday.
According to The Columbia Daily Spectator, an unidentified black male followed the student into her building on Hamilton Terrace near W. 141st Street around 9:30 p.m. Friday evening. After forcing his way into the apartment, he stayed until Saturday, torturing the victim before setting her apartment on fire. The victim was able to free herself and run to a neighbor for help.
According to police, no suspect has been arrested, though a search is underway.
An unidentified man hid in a bathroom stall of a locker room at Princeton, taking photos of members of the men’s lacrosse and track teams as they were in various states of undress. A member of the lacrosse team confronted the man, who then ran away.
Public safety responded to the incident and were unable to locate the suspect.
Members of the lacrosse team said the suspect had a “well-done mullet and had a hat on, and he had a handlebar moustache,” according to The Daily Princetonian.