M. Hockey Rebounds From First Loss With Decisive 5-1 Win Over Brown

Check Monday’s edition of The Cornell Daily Sun for additional coverage of the men’s hockey team
Cornell bounced back from its 4-3 loss Friday night with a resounding 5-1 win over Brown on Saturday. Sophomore forward Joe Devin led the way for the Red as he notched two goals, including the game winner.
Michael Kennedy and Blake Gallagher each had a goal and an assist in the Cornell victory. The Red fired a total of 36 shots on Brown goaltender Mike Clemente. On the defensive end, Cornell held the Bears to just 15 total shots on net. Cornell goaltender Ben Scrivens played very solidly, making 14 saves on those 15 Brown shots. For the most part, the Cornell defense was able to force the Brown attackers to shoot from the periphery of the Red zone, enabling Scrivens to make key saves, control rebounds, and limit the Bears’ scoring opportunities.
The Bears found themselves shorthanded for much of the game, as they took a total of nine penalties. Conversely, Cornell played aggressively but was very disciplined as the Red was only called for two penalties on the evening. The Red went one for nine on power play opportunities, despite creating a plethora of chances with the man-advantage, and successfully killed off both of their penalty-kill situations.
With the win, Cornell moves to 14-2-3 overall and 9-1-2 in ECAC play.