SPRADLIN

Ithaca Police Arrest Man for Possession of Drugs, Weapons, Stolen Articles

Ithaca Police arrested Ithaca resident Benjamin Spradlin, 40, after finding drugs, weapons and possible stolen money in his vehicle, according to an Ithaca Police Department press release.

On Sunday, Aug. 7 at approximately 5:54 a.m., a commercial business in the 700 block of South Meadow Street reported a “suspicious person inside a parked motor vehicle,” who the police later identified as Spradlin, the release said.

Police searched Spradlin’s vehicle and found 26 grams of crack cocaine, eight grams of heroin, a stun gun, a “ninja” star and $8,050 in U.S. Savings Bonds believed to have been stolen in a local burglary, according to the release.

Spradlin’s vehicle was towed to the Ithaca police department where a search warrant was served, the release said. There the police also located a handgun, as well as several items believed to have been stolen in local burglaries.

Spradlin was arraigned in Ithaca City Court on two counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, third-degree criminal possession of stolen property, two counts of fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and two counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, the release said.

He was remanded to the Tompkins County Jail without bail, according to the release.