Giuliani Appointed Diversity Consultant

Former New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani has been appointed to the newly created position of diversity consultant.

Friday’s announcement comes on the heels of at least two incidents this semester being linked to bias.

“What city is there more diverse and vibrant than the city of New York?” President Hunter R. Rawlings III said. “I think it’ll be great fun to have Rudy here. And, as a bonus, he is very interested in designing new stadiums, especially for baseball.”

Rawlings added that Giuliani will use his experience governing what is now the safest large city in the country as well as resources from his new consulting firm, Giuliani Partners LLC, which will open a satellite Ithaca office.

Opponents to the appointments cited a number of police brutality cases under the Giuliani administration.

“Two words, or rather two heartbreaking images: Diallo and Louima. Is administration trying to make Cornell safe for minorities or does it want to create a police state?” said candidate for student elected trustee Funa Maduka ’04, flanked by S.A. President Uzo Asonye ’02 and Michael J. Moschella ’02.

Students on the Task Force for Ethnic Studies protested the appointment yesterday on the Arts Quad.

“I think he’s cute,” said Girdy (Susan H.) Murphy ’73, vice president for student and academic services. “Of course, many candidates were screened but I believe

EDITOR’S NOTE: April Fools! We got you this time. This article is not real.

Archived article by Beth Herskovits